close (x)
Admissions &
Financial Aid
and Online
Degree Programs
Call 855-448-2318
Apply Online

In for a new I-20 the following documents are required:

  • Undergraduate transcript which include all courses pertinent for evaluation 
  • Bank statement showing sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for one year {Around $27,000 -  $32,000 depending on host campus}
  • International Financial certification form

One of the following to demonstrate English Proficiency

  • Official TOEFL score of 213 if computer-based/550 if paper-based/62 Internet-based within the past two years
  • Official IELTS with an overall minimum score of 5 within the past two years
  • Evidence of completion of two semesters (or equivalent) of college-level English (excluding ESL courses) with a grade of "C" or higher at an accredited college or university whose language of instruction is English

To Transfer I-20, the following documents are required:

  • Official transcript from previously attended institution(s)
  • Transfer form

In order to award a CPT, the following documents are required:

  • Provide employer information if available:
  • Employer name:
  • Employment start date:
  • Employment end date:
  • Full-time/part-time:
  • How the employment is curricular?

*Send all documents to

F-1 student can be hosted by the following campuses:

  • Colorado Springs 
  • Overland Park Kansas
  • Wichita, Kansas
  • Bloomington, Minnesota
  • Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
  • Roseville, Minnesota
  • Independence, Missouri
  • Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • Rapid City, South Dakota
  • Sioux Falls, South Dakota
  • Austin, Texas 

Leave the United States and follow the same process that you would if you were applying to come to the United States from your home country to study:

Remain in the United States and submit an application with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to change your nonimmigrant status by following these steps:

  • Apply to and receive acceptance from an SEVP-certified school.
  • Obtain an initial Form I-20, "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status" from the SEVP-certified school. The DSO should give a change of status in the Issue Reason section of the Form I-20.
  • Pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee.
  • File a Form I-539, “Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status,” with USCIS. Not all nonimmigrant classifications may change status. Read the instructions carefully to ensure that your category is eligible.
  • If you are changing status from B-1/B-2 to F or M student, refrain from enrolling in or beginning your studies until USCIS has approved your change of status. If USCIS has not adjudicated your change of status at least 15 days before the program start date on your Form I-20, contact the DSO at your new school. You may need to wait to attend (have deferred attendance).
  • Enroll in and begin studies while your change of status application is pending if you meet the following conditions:
    • You are eligible to change status
    • You have submitted an application to change to F or M student status
    • You are not currently in the United States on a visa waiver program or on a B-1/B-2, C, D, K, S or V visa

Search for a Program

All Campuses
All Degree Levels
All Programs
Please Select a Campus...
*Program offerings vary by location.Contact your local campus for more information!