NAU wants to honor your dedication by offering you a simple and affordable path for attaining your degree. We offer education benefits for U.S. Marine Corp personnel, spouses, dependents, and retired veterans. It is our goal at NAU to provide a caring and supportive learning environment to ensure your success as a student. Flexible class scheduling, credit for life, work and military experience provide an ideal environment to ensure your success as a student.
Want to know more? Download your free Guide for Marine Corps Students
- All unexpired United States Uniformed Services ID card carriers are eligible for the military tuition rate with no charge for instructional or technology fees. This includes all active military servicemembers, including National Guard and Reserve, spouses, dependents, and retired veterans.
- Veterans with verification of a DD-214 honorable discharge enrolled in the AU-ABC B.S. of Management degree are eligible for the veteran tuition rate. All additional fees are covered by the student.
- NAU offers services to meet your unique needs by offering flexible class schedules, credit for life, work and military experience, and free military evaluations. You may be surprised at just how fast you can complete your studies.
- NAU arranges the quickest path to a degree and full credit for your military education by taking advantage of American Council on Education (ACE) credit assessment services.
*The reduced military tuition rate and instructional and technology fee waiver currently apply to all programs except MCITP Network Management and Network and Server Administrator.
Are you a Marine Corps spouse or Dependent? Download your free Guide for Marine Corps families!
Transfer your years of military experience into college credit.
National American University offers services to meet your unique needs by offering flexible class schedules, credit for life, work and military experience, and free military evaluations. You may be surprised at just how fast you can complete your studies. NAU arranges the quickest path to a degree and full credit for your military education by taking advantage of American Council on Education (ACE) credit assessment services. ACE continuously evaluates military schools, correspondence courses and occupations to determine the amount and level of academic credit each should be awarded. Through ACE credits, you may earn academic credit for most of the training you have received, including basic training, and you can reduce the time required and cost for your studies. Joint Services Transcript (JST) is an academically accepted document approved by ACE to validate a service member's military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations. The Marine Corps is now producing a Joint Services Transcript that can be accessed by all Active Duty, Reserves and Veterans.
A student may obtain up to 50 percent of the required credit hours toward graduation from non-traditional methods including:
- experiential learning/portfolio credit awarded by National American University,
- evaluated corporate training certificates, and
- non-transcripted military training.
National American University offers College Level Examination Program (CLEP) for credit in a number of courses. Students may earn credit hours as indicated but no grades.
Click here for a list of CLEP exam accepted by NAU, as well as the equivalent courses and number of credit hours.
The nationally recognized DSST program (formerly DANTES Subject Standardized Tests) helps students receive college credit for learning outside of the traditional classroom through credit by examination. Click here for a list of the DSST exams for which National American University has equivalent courses, and credit hours toward graduation may be earned.
Military One Source
Military OneSource is a 24-hour, 7-days-a-week, toll-free information and referral telephone service available worldwide to active duty, Reserve, and National Guard military members and their families. Military OneSource provides information ranging from everyday concerns to deployment-related issues. Also, Military OneSource offers three kinds of short-term, non-medical counseling services to active-duty, Guard, and Reserve members (regardless of activation status) and their families. In addition, Military OneSource offers a Web site at www.militaryonesource.com for information on a variety of topics and issues. Users may also use the Web site to order educational materials (booklets, CDs, etc.) at no charge and access consultants online on a 24/7 basis.
Overseas - (Country Code) 800-3429-6477