Maintaining F-1 (Student) Status
Keep your passport valid at all times.
Report to the campus international advisor any of the following:
- Change of address.
- Change of major field of study or level of study.
- Change in financial situation.
- Change in enrollment status (full-time vs. part-time).
- Termination of studies.
- Transfer to another school.
- Completion of studies.
- On-campus employment. Needs additional authorization and limited to 20 hours per week when classes are in session.
- Off-campus employment. Needs additional authorization.
- Optional practical training. Needs additional authorization.
- Program extension. Needs additional authorization.
- Attend the school that you are authorized to attend as indicated on your I-20.
- Pursue a full course of study.
- Refrain from off-campus employment without proper authorization.
If you have any questions, please contact the International Learner Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.