BSN Student Learning Outcomes
Offered at Albuquerque, New Mexico; Bloomington, Minnesota; Overland Park and Wichita West, Kansas; Rapid City and Sioux Falls, South Dakota campuses. Initial approval was granted by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. Initial approval was granted by the New Mexico Board of Nursing. Interim approval has been granted by the South Dakota Board of Nursing. The BSN nursing program on the Bloomington, MN campus is fully approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing. The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at National American University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing, the arts, and sciences in the holistic practice of professional nursing.
- Apply theory-based decision-making related to safe, competent, and culturally congruent nursing care to individuals, families, and communities in diverse settings across the lifespan emphasizing the concept of caring.
- Critically evaluate and utilize relevant findings of nursing research in professional nursing practice.
- Demonstrate professional values and behaviors consistent with professional standards.
- Assume responsibility for ongoing professional development in an ever-changing healthcare environment.