The ideal graduate student is highly motivated, values lifelong learning opportunities, has the ability to perform academic work at the graduate level, and is able to contribute positively to the learning environment of fellow graduate students. Admissions requirements are designed to assist in acquiring a graduate student body with these attributes.
Admissions Requirements - MBA & MM
Regular Admissions Status
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in the United States or from an international institution of higher learning recognized by the ministry of education or other appropriate government agency, and
- A minimum grade point average of 2.75 achieved for all undergraduate work, or
- A minimum grade point average of 2.9 achieved for the last one-half of the credits earned toward a bachelor's degree, or
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 in two or more graduate level courses taken at a regionally-accredited institution of higher learning or recognized foreign equivalent.
Students Admitted on a Probationary Admissions Status
Students may be admitted on a probationary status if they hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher learning or international institution of higher learning recognized by the ministry of education or other appropriate government agency but do not meet the minimum grade point requirements as described above. See the graduate catalog for additional information.
International Student Admissions Requirements
International graduate student applicants that wish to study in the National American University graduate program must satisfy certain criteria. Click here to learn more or see the graduate catalog for additional information.
Admission Requirements - MSN
Regular Admission Status
- Current active unencumbered RN license from any state within the United States. (evidence of current licensure must be present in the student’s departmental file), and
- BSN degree from an accredited institution, and Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during the BSN degree completion.
- All international nurses must have a current active unencumbered registered nurse license to practice (in the state of their choice in the U.S.) and an international professional evaluation of their prior education credentials.