National American University welcomes students of diverse interests, cultures and abilities and prepares them for careers in technical and professional fields by providing quality higher education in a caring and supportive environment.
The university builds learning partnerships with students and other institutions and organizations locally, nationally and internationally through its private, regionally accredited system of campuses and education centers offering courses in traditional, accelerated and distance learning formats.
As a comprehensive technical and professional institution of higher learning, the university responds to the changing needs of students, employers, and their communities by providing undergraduate and graduate programs and continuing education opportunities to serve an evolving global society.
- Offer high quality instructional programs and services.
- Provide a caring and supportive learning environment.
- Offer technical and professional career programs.
- Offer quality technical and professional degree programs, as documented by institutional and academic assessment processes at the associate, bachelor’s and graduate level, diplomas, certificates and adult degree completion programs to traditional, adult and international learners.
- Provide a general education program to build awareness, abilities and interests to empower lifelong learners as knowledgeable citizens of the global community.
- Provide a collegiate experience through instructional and support services that creates a stimulating, caring and supportive learner-centered environment in which students are encouraged to achieve the educational goals established by the university.
- Promote a learning and working environment by providing new technologies, methodologies and practices that enhance and extend quality programs and services.
- Prepare students to provide leadership and services for the employment needs of business, industry and government worldwide.
- Pursue communication, cooperation and alliances with educational institutions, organizations and associations on a local, regional, national and international basis.
- Respond to the ever-changing societal demands for personal and professional development and continuing education through flexible scheduling and convenient access via traditional, accelerated and distance delivery methodologies.
- Assist students in the development of ethical values and behaviors.
- Foster an environment that encourages involvement by employees in the innovation and solution-seeking processes and provide an opportunity for personal and leadership development while promoting diversity in culture and perspective.
- Provide a stable institutional environment where human, financial and physical resources are sufficient to accomplish its educational and institutional goals as a sound basis for continued growth and development.
Adopted by the National American University Board of Governors, January 2012