Program Admission Requirements
Online RN to BSN
NAU School of Nursing Online RN to BSN program reviews applications and admits students every academic quarter. Admission decisions are made and communicated in writing once the program application and admission requirements have been completed and reviewed.
Admission criteria include the following:
- Admission to NAU before application to Online RN to BSN program.
- Graduation from an associate degree program in nursing or a diploma nursing program.
- Current active unencumbered RN license from any state within the United States. Evidence of current licensure must be present in the student's departmental file. If the applicant is a recent graduate (has graduated less than 90 days) of an approved and/or accredited associate degree or diploma program and does not hold an RN license, the applicant will be accepted into the program pending receipt of passing the NCLEX-RN® exam. The student must take and pass the NCLEX-RN® exam within the first quarter of enrollment. If the student does not take or fails the NCLEX-RN®, the student will not be allowed to continue with enrollment the subsequent quarter. The student can, however, re-apply for admission and may be accepted upon successful completion of the NCLEX-RN®.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or above from the graduated associate degree program in nursing or diploma nursing program.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on all transferred general education courses.
- All nursing prefix (NS) courses must be completed through NAU online.
- All international nurses must have a current, active, unencumbered RN license from any state within the United States and an international professional evaluation of their prior education credentials.
Online RN to BSN Program Exit/Re-Entry
Students who wish to interrupt their education for one or more quarters must apply for a program exit and complete an Exit Survey Form through the Online RN to BSN program advisor. A student who leaves NAU Online RN to BSN program without completing the exit process for more than one normal academic term must reapply for admission if they decide to return. This re-entry will only be granted up to two academic quarters unless the student contacts the Online RN to BSN program advisor and submits another request. A request can only be renewed one time.