Mid-Level Certificate Counterterrorism
This Mid-Level Certificate is designed for the professional who already has some experience in the Counterterrorism field or the student who has taken the entry level certificate to further understand the strategies and tactics terrorist groups employ to achieve their aims as well as the role of the international community in defining terrorism, controlling the supply of money and weapons and developing and implementing an active international counterterrorism policy.
Students will learn about the diversity of identities and motivations credited with sponsoring or conducting terrorism. Students will discuss current issues surrounding reliability of CT information and dissemination thresholds, and analytical implications of alleged detainee abuse and disinformation campaigns by insurgents. And finally, students in this program will acquire the tools necessary to identify and evaluate the variety of structures of terrorist organizations, from strict hierarchy to diffuse networks, as well as the implications of structure and internal dynamics on terrorist actions and capabilities.
Students in some programs may be required to…
- Attend classes at different locations
- Take online classes
- For more information call (855)246-7440 or visit the locations campus page for complete contact details.
Associated Careers* Source: National Center for O*NET Development. O*NET OnLine
- Emergency Management Directors
- Business Operations Specialists, All Other
- TCT595 - Advanced Counterterrorism Operations
- TCT596 - Origins, Evolutions, and Trends in Terrorism
- INT525 - Advanced Counterterrorism Analysis
- SOC510 - Terrorists Group Dynamics