School of Nursing
Become a Nurse and Share Your Passion for Helping People
When you become a nurse, you are choosing a career path that is both steady and rewarding. The faculty and staff at National American University (NAU) can help you reach your full potential in a healthcare career.
Committed to your success
The following nursing programs offered by the university provide career mobility through an articulated ladder approach to nursing education:
- The pre-licensure Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) program is offered at Zona Rosa in Kansas City, Missouri.
- The pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is offered in Albuquerque, New Mexico; Bloomington, Minnesota; Overland Park and Wichita, Kansas; and Rapid City and Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- The Online Registered Nurse (RN) to BSN program is offered in all states except Tennessee.
- The Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is offered in all states except Tennessee.
The pre-licensure nursing programs are divided into two cores: a nursing foundational core (general education courses) and a nursing clinical core (nursing-specific courses). Students may elect to take their foundational core courses on a part-time basis or full-time basis (flexible schedule). Students must take their nursing courses on a full-time basis (rigid schedule).
Online RN to BSN and Online MSN – students may take their courses on a part-time or full-time basis.
Want to learn more?
Nursing is an exciting, rewarding, and growing profession. If you are interested in learning more about the levels of nursing degree programs at National American University, contact us today!
Nursing degree accreditation
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)* granted initial accreditation for the NAU Zona Rosa, Missouri ASN program for spring 2009 through spring 2014. For more information, please contact the ACEN at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, (404) 975-5000, www.acenursing.org.
* Formerly NLNAC, National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
The baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in nursing at National American University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.