Great news! NAU has revised the Research Paper Scholarship with a new process and more money available for students!
2014-15 NAU Research Paper Scholarship: Criteria & Process
The revised Research Paper Scholarship process and criteria open the scholarship to a broader group of students with higher possible awards (from $500-2,000 each). Undergraduate papers written as a result of an assignment for an NAU class during the 2014-15 academic year may be eligible if they meet the scholarship criteria.
NOTE: The 2014-15 Scholarship will be applied to the 2015-6 academic year.
- Student was enrolled at an NAU campus during the 2014-15 academic year.
- Student has at least one quarter left in their program.
- Student must be an undergraduate student.
- Student cannot be enrolled as a special student.
- Student must be in good standing.
- Student must submit their research paper to the campus Academic Dean or appropriate Program or Academic Coordinator or Campus Director.
- The paper must be the result of an assignment for an NAU class.
- The paper must have at least six citations.
- The paper must be at least five pages in length, excluding title and reference page.
- The paper must be written in APA format (or Blue Book/ALWD format for legal papers) and submitted via electronic MS Word document.
- Papers will be evaluated using the NAU approved writing rubric and include an evaluation of content, style, and grammar.
- Print or electronic books, research journals and periodicals, or electronic database references from peer-reviewed sources must be used.
- No more than one non-juried/non-refereed Internet site, which contains material that has not undergone professional peer review.
- Submission deadline for the scholarship is June 1, 2015.
- The Campus Research Scholarship Committee (consisting of the Academic Dean and/or Campus Director, campus or distance librarian, in conjunction with appropriate program coordinators and faculty), reviews the papers to ensure they meet the minimum criteria and the librarian submits the top candidates to the Provost’s Office (attn: Project Manager for Academics) no later than July 1, 2015.
- The Provost convenes the Research Paper Scholarship Review Panel (includes Librarians & College Deans). The Panel evaluates the papers and determines the awards no later than July 31, 2015.
See the link below for complete information.
Research Paper Scholarship: http://arc.national.edu/library/docs/ResearchPaperScholarshipCriteriaProcess.pdf