National American University (NAU) is proud to recognize the sacrifices you’ve made and your commitment to serving our country. For that reason, it is our honor to serve you. Committed to helping you balance your military service, family and your education, we offer affordable and flexible degree options. We make getting your education easy by partnering with military programs such as General Education Mobile (GEM); in our support of Air Force leadership and its commitment to providing our Airmen opportunities to pursue advanced education to complete their Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Degree.
The GEM program links CCAF students to online regionally accredited civilian academic institutions that offer freshman/sophomore level general education courses. These courses fulfill the 15 semester hours, 22.5 quarter hours of the CCAF Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree general education requirements. The five following disciplines are offered for the GEM program; oral communication, written communication, mathematics, social science, and humanities - http://www.national.edu/programs/academic-catalog.
|CCAF Gen. Ed
|Oral Communication||3||4.5||EN2100: Speech|
|Written Communication||33||4.54.5||EN1150: Composition I EN1300: Composition II|
|Mathematics||33||4.54.5||MA2000 Quantitative Reasoning MA1500: Intermediate Algebra MA2050: College Algebra|
|SO1050: Introduction to Sociology
PS1050: Introduction to Psychology PS2100: Human Relations
|HU2000: Critical Thinking &
Problem Solving HU2100: Introduction to Humanities
The above courses are offered each quarter.
Current course schedule can be found in the student portal at https://mycampus.national.edu.
For additional information on CCAF AAS degree general education requirements please see CCAF catalog.
Reduced Tuition Rates
- Rates apply to anyone who provides proof of an unexpired military ID including all active military servicemembers, including National Guard and Reserve, spouses, dependents, and retired veterans
- Tuition Rate per credit hour....................$166.66
- No instructional material fees or technology fees
NAU’s Military Readiness
- Selected for Military Advanced Education's Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities list, and has been named a Military Friendly school by GI Jobs
- Member of VA Chapter 33 Yellow Ribbon Program
- Flexible start dates with terms running every 8 and 11 weeks
- On-campus and fully online programs to suit military lifestyles
- Authorized to receive tuition assistance by the DoD Voluntary Education Partnership MOU
- Works with American Council on Education (ACE)(JST) (AARTS and SMARTS transcripts)
- Active with DANTES and CLEP
- Unique partnership with the USAF Air University Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program that transfers your entire CCAF Degree.
- A student may obtain up to 50 percent of the required credit hours toward graduation from prior learning credit
- Partnerships with community colleges across the country for excellent degree completion options
Striving to provide you with the opportunity you need for your education, we offer support from the very beginning. With a support team by your side and great tools and resources to help you along the way, we want to guide you from the day you decide NAU is right for you!
Online Academic Support
- Assistance with program selection and enrollment
- Guidance on course selection and classroom success
- Air University Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program partner
- Faculty with real world experience
- Career Services
- Free online tutoring services
- Online library and support - http://library.national.edu/
- Technical Support - http://www.national.edu/technical-support
First there’s the college search. Next comes the admissions process. At NAU, we believe that everyone deserves an education. This is why we have an open enrollment policy. Anyone who meets the admissions requirements and has the desire to learn will have the opportunity to do so at NAU.
The admissions team at NAU is dedicated to helping students through the enrollment process and program selection. By providing one-on-one attention, our admissions team ensures that NAU is the right fit.
NAU supports CCAF completion with online course delivery through the GEM initiative or through on ground courses at a location near you.
Ellsworth AFB-SD: 605-718-6550
Whiteman AFB- Knob Nobster, MO: 660-563-2400
All other locations: 855-HERO-NAU (437-6628) or email@example.com.