Certificate in Cybersecurity Copy
This certificate is designed for the student who wants to be able to describe and understand cyberterrorism, cyberwarfare, and cybercrime. In this program, the student will identify the behaviors and motivations of cyber criminals while developing understandings about how to protect computer systems from the criminals. Students will learn the fundamentals of cyber law and the issues around those laws. And finally, this program will teach students how the Internet is used as both a weapon and a resource.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate the ability to employ various information sources and technology to research how the Internet can be used as a weapon.
- Identify and discuss theories and threats that computers and the Internet provide to terrorists and criminals.
- Discuss the PDD-63 and describe the government’s role in combating cyberterrorism.
- Discuss concepts, principles and standards for designing and implementing secure operating systems and networked systems.
- Discuss legal and ethical issues in computer security.
Certificate (13.5 Credit Hours)
PRO360 Information Security
SEC665 Cyber Security
TCT617 Cyberterrorism, Cyberwarfare, Cybercrime
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.