Health Data Analytics Online Certificate Program
The health data analytics online certificate program helps students gain expertise in health data analysis and validates their comprehension of this skill set. Students will understand how to acquire, manage, analyze, interpret, and transform data into accurate, consistent, and timely information, while considering the strategic vision and day-to-day details. Students will learn broad organizational knowledge and how to increase their ability to communicate with individuals and groups at multiple levels.
Graduates of the program will:
- Understand various types and sources of healthcare data, including clinical, operational, claims, and patient-generated data.
- Utilize data visualization to understand and communicate data analyses and report data findings effectively to diverse audiences.
- Be prepared to evaluate healthcare data to improve the business part of hospitals and medical facilities by implementing strategic planning, preparing status reports, creating recordkeeping processes, and assessing data from different sources.
- Assess the quality of healthcare data and make appropriate interpretations of meaning according to data sources and intended uses.
- Understand how to select, apply, and interpret appropriate statistical analyses and data mining methods for real-world data problems.
*This certificate is not eligible for Title IV funding.
HT2210D Healthcare Data Quality and Management
HIM3030D Health Statistics and Research
HIM4200D Data Standards and Structure
HIM4201D Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis
HIM4202D Data Reporting
HIM4203D Strategic Management and Best Practices
HIM4204D Health Data Analytics Capstone
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.