Health Information Leadership and Management Certificate
The health information leadership and management online certificate program emphasizes the knowledge necessary to help healthcare professionals enhance leadership and management skills—transforming healthcare organizations for the better.
Graduates of the program will:
- Understand leadership strengths and emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- Analyze leadership presence and goal setting.
- Demonstrate the concepts of leading as a coach and teamwork.
- Apply resource management concepts related to the operations of health information management.
- Apply various leadership, change management and strategic management principles within health information management.
- Utilize tools and techniques for performance improvement.
- Demonstrate strategic and organizational management principles.
- Develop educational programs for employees in privacy, security, and confidentiality.
- Evaluate organizational structure and leading and managing teams.
*This certificate is not eligible for Title IV funding.
HT2210D Healthcare Data Quality & Management
HT2240D Health Information Management & Supervision
HIM3000D Health Informatics
HIM4020D Project Management for Health Information Management Professionals
HIM4040D Current Issues in Health Information Management
HIM4050D Health Information Management Leadership
HIM4303D Project Communications and Monitoring
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.