Healthcare Technology Certificate
The healthcare technology online certificate program is designed for students with an interest in information technology and its application in healthcare. The certificate program emphasizes the skills and knowledge necessary to help healthcare providers in workflow redesign and management of healthcare systems in the health information technology industry.
Graduates of the program will:
- Facilitate decision-making necessary for optimizing healthcare processes.
- Analyze the workflow processes in a selected clinical setting.
- Select appropriate technology input methods given different technology uses, user populations and contexts.
- Demonstrate concept knowledge of cognition and human performance models in their relevance to systems evaluation methods.
- Compare and contrast different types of health information systems in terms of their ability to support the requirements of a healthcare enterprise.
- Identify security risks for computing systems and discuss potential solutions.
*This certificate is not eligible for Title IV funding.
HIM3000D Health Informatics
HIM3010D Health Systems Analysis and Design
HIM3020D Healthcare Data Security & Compliance
HIM4400D User Requirements & Analysis
HIM4401D Workflow Design
HIM4402D System Integration
HIM4403D Process Management, Usability & Human Factors
HIM4404D Healthcare Technology Capstone
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.