NAU Foundation Awards First Linda D. Woodard Diversity Scholarship

star-header

December 18, 2017AUSTIN, TEXAS – Paula J. Dean, a doctoral student at NAU’s Roueche Graduate Center, has received the first Linda D. Woodard Diversity Scholarship.

Created and sponsored by Dr. Woodard, the scholarship aims to help African-American women enrolled in NAU’s CCLP doctoral program.

“I am forever indebted to Drs. Roueche and Mathis for investing in me through their gifts to the NAU Foundation,” said Dr. Linda Woodard, a 2016 graduate of the Roueche Graduate Center’s CCLP doctoral program. “It was always my intention to pay it forward.”

Dean, who is on track to graduate in June 2018, currently serves as full time faculty at Lone Star College in Tomball, Texas.

“As a student at the John E. Roueche Graduate Center in Community College Leadership Program, I am learning how to cultivate and sharpen my leadership skills in order to create a lasting legacy that impacts student and their communities,” wrote Dean in her scholarship application, which asked applicants to share how they plan to give back to support students after their graduation.
“If I can empower or inspire others through learning, then that has made my
living worthwhile,” said Dean.
# # #
The National American University Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, proudly supports NAU students and faculty through student scholarships and professional development funds. More information is available at naufoundation.org, or contact Tamie Hopp at 605-394-4976 or thopp@national.edu.

National American University is a multistate institution of higher learning offering associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in traditional, online, and hybrid formats. National American University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, with several programs separately accredited or approved by national educational and professional associations.

FAST FACTS

100%
Online programs for maximum flexibility
80+%
NAU students receiving transfer or experiential learning credit
100+
Relevant degree and certificate programs
21+
Years of online educational excellence