Educational Benefits for Veterans
If you have served in the military, Thank You! At National American University, we appreciate your service to our country. That’s why NAU is proud to be a strong supporter of our nation’s military. At our Henley-Putnam School of Strategic Studies, we offer many benefits and advantages to Veterans who come here to pursue higher education and career training opportunities. If you are unsure of your benefits and how to receive them, call our Military Finance Specialists at 1-855-246-7440, or read on to learn more!
What Types of College Military Benefits Are Available to Me?
Not sure how to get started? Visit the official VA site to explore your options. There are various types of bills that the federal government offers in support of active military and veterans. The GI Bill Comparison Tool is a helpful way to determine which educational programs are available to you, and allows you to compare benefits by school. Qualifications and conditions for military benefits vary, but you don’t need to figure any of this out alone. At Henley-Putnam, we have dedicated Military Finance Specialists to assist you in identifying and applying to use your VA benefits. Call us at 1-855-246-7440 at anytime for help.
How Do I Apply for Military Benefits for School?
If you are interested in using your military benefits to attend school you first apply to the Department of Veterans Affairs and fill out a simple form. From there, you will receive confirmation of your benefits and be able to move forward.
Once you have applied and your application has been successfully processed, you can start using these benefits right away.
Applying for your VA education benefits can be done in any of the following ways:
- Apply online HERE
- Visit your nearest VA regional office to apply in person.
- Call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551) to have the application mailed to you.
- Consult with the VA Certifying Official at the school of your choice; this official will have application forms and can help you apply. Henley-Putnam has trained Military Finance Specialists who are VA School Certifying Officials to help guide you.
Use Your Military Benefits to Train for a New Career
You’ve worked hard for your military career, and there is no better way to build on your experience than to find a profession that challenges you and keeps you motivated. At Henley-Putnam, we are proud of our many students who have served in the military. These Veterans come to us for their education because Henley-Putnam is a leader in providing instruction in the fields of intelligence management, counterterrorism studies, and strategic security and protection management.
Why Choose Henley-Putnam for Using Your Military Benefits?
Our highly focused online programs are geared toward military professionals. At Henley-Putnam we understand the unpredictable demands of a military career and we will work with you to accommodate long TDYs, deployment, and PCS moves.
Henley-Putnam also understands that, as Veterans, you come to us with valuable and worthwhile experience. That’s why we allow you to apply your prior military training and occupational experience toward your degree. We will evaluate your service and ensure that the courses you take will enhance- not duplicate- your current knowledge base. At Henley-Putnam, you will be taught by experts who share real-world knowledge of field operations, as well as the most current tactical insights. Your instructors are also committed to providing the type of guidance and accessibility not found in the traditional classroom.
If you are interested in using your military benefits to attend a quality school with a strategic security focus, then Henley-Putnam is a great choice! We believe that by advancing the understanding and skills of security professionals, we’re helping to shape a safer world.
Education Resources for Veterans
- GI Bill Benefits: Provides comprehensive information about the education benefits offered by the VA.
- GI Bill Comparison Tool: Transitioning to civilian life takes preparation, research, planning, and the right tools, the GI Bill Comparison Tool can help you make the right decisions on where to use your hard earned benefits. Using this tool, veterans can learn about which educational programs are available to them, and can compare benefits by school.
- Post-911 GI Bill: Provides information about the post-911 GI Bill, which has a few specific components that are unavailable in other GI Bill programs.
- Yellow Ribbon Program: Provides information about the Yellow Ribbon program, and allows users to search for participating schools by State.
- Montgomery GI Bill: Provides information about the Montgomery GI Bill.