NAU Spring 2021 Best in Class Winner: Dr. Ahmed Al-Asfour
At National American University (NAU), we know that our best teaching assets are our faculty. Our faculty are knowledgeable, dedicated, and caring instructors focused on helping their students succeed. In order to recognize faculty members that go above and beyond to make an impact on their students, we created the “Best in Class” faculty award.
The “Best in Class” faculty award is based on the NAU Core Values: Integrity, Accountability, Pursuit of Excellence, Courage to Act and Innovation. Many NAU faculty are nominated and demonstrate distinction in one or more of the core values. The competition is fierce!
For the Spring 2021 academic quarter, NAU’s leadership team is honored and proud to present the “Best in Class” award to Dr. Ahmed Al-Asfour.
Ahmed was nominated because he demonstrated the following teaching characteristics:
- Delivers high-quality student experiences in both undergraduate and graduate Accounting courses
- Actively engages his students in the teaching/learning process
- Demonstrates consistent teaching excellence
- Exhibits a depth of knowledge and professional expertise
- Serves as a reflective practitioner in committee work and course management
Ahmed was nominated by Dr. Lynn Moore, Associate Provost and Graduate Dean, and Steven Balke, Dean of Undergraduate Business, Technology and Health Management Programs.
Ahmed’s contributions to our team and to NAU students’ success cannot be captured solely in this one award; however, we are grateful for these opportunities to recognize the hard work and dedication of our faculty.
Stay up-to-date with NAU by following our social media!