Certificate in Hazard Prediction and Assessment Capability (HPAC)-Nuclear
This certificate provides students with a higher level of proficiency in modeling and analysis of nuclear hazard release using HPAC. Students will learn to apply and demonstrate HPAC source term functionality, computation methodologies, translating, and communicating results. The nuclear modeling certificate is designed to recognize and document the completion of a comprehensive training program focused on specific hazard protection modeling tools. This certificate emphasizes the nuclear aspect of this area and is designed to support Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Teams (WMD-CSTs), Consequence Management Advisory Teams (CMAT); Combatant Commands, and DoD, federal, state, and local emergency managers and planners.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Apply and demonstrate HPAC source term functionality, computation methodologies, translating, and communicating results
- Recognize and analyze different classes, makes, and configurations of contemporary weapons
- Identify the existence and assess the magnitude of a threat is an essential skill in the fields of protection management, intelligence and counterterrorism
- Employ procedures for examining vulnerabilities to attack
- Synthesize and reflect upon knowledge gained upon certificate completion
DNWS CM151 Hazard Prediction and Assessment Capability Level 2-Nuclear (HPAC-2-N)
INT310 Fundamentals of Analysis
NUC410 Weapons Systems
300+ Strategic Security Elective
PRO398 Fundamentals of Threat Assessment
SEC300 Certificate Portfolio
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.