Online vs. In-Person vs. Blended Learning Classes
Every student has a different preference for how they want to receive their education. At National American University, we offer 100% online classes that maximize flexibility. Online isn’t the only way to further your education. You can also opt for in-person or blended learning classes.
In-Person Classes on Campus
For some of you, taking in-person classes on campus is the only way to go! You may like to have the teacher right there in front of you teaching you the lesson or having someone hold you accountable for being in the classroom. The on-campus setting may be something you are more familiar with since high school and community colleges typically have on-campus classes for students.
Another main reason we typically see students choose the on-campus setting is based on the program of their choice. For example, there are some healthcare programs such as nursing that require an in-person component. In order to learn the required hands-on experience, some classes require an instructor to teach it to you.
Advantages and Benefits of Online Classes
While in-person classes are more traditional, online classes often represent the best option. With even basic online learning tips, you can succeed in your program. Here are some of the benefits of online classes:
- Maximum flexibility: If you have a hectic or dynamic schedule, online classes are better than in-person classes. You complete coursework on your own time, and you can usually join virtual class sessions from anywhere with an internet connection. You do not have to worry about your work or family schedule interrupting your education.
- More varied programs and curriculums: As an online student, you have access to a variety of programs with customizable curriculums. In-person programs tend to be more rigid and structured.
- Career advancement opportunities: Because of the schedule flexibility, online classes do not require you to put your career on hold. Rather, you can further your education while you work! Take what you learn in your courses and apply it to your career right away. Also, you’ll always be ready if new career options open up through your new school network.
- Lower education costs: Tuition for online classes is typically less expensive than for in-person classes. Plus, you save more money because you do not need to commute or move closer to campus.
- Learn how to better use technology: Technology continues to change the modern-day work environment. If you want to succeed in your career, you must become comfortable with the latest technology for virtual meetings. Online classes provide you the background you need to leverage technology in the workplace and at home.
What Are Blended Classes?
Do you want to balance the benefits of in-person and online classes? Consider blended learning classes. Blended courses are a combination of both on-campus and online classroom settings. If you are enrolled in a blended course, you will physically go to the classroom at your campus and then log into a virtual classroom. Or, you take a mix of online and in-person classes during a semester. There could be other fellow classmates with you at your campus or you may only have classmates that virtually log in.
Your instructor is typically not located in the classroom but you can all see each other and interact with one another as though you are all located in the same place via technology. This allows you to chat, see each other, and even see presentations all at the same time.
At National American University, we believe that online learning is a great fit for any student. However, if you want to learn even more to determine if online classes are appropriate, contact us today. If you have been wanting to get started with your education, we can help explain more in-depth what your different options are based on the degree program you are wanting to pursue.