What is Strategic Security and Protection Management?
You are a highly disciplined, motivated individual with a keen interest in keeping our nation and its citizens safe. What are your career options? How best can you serve your country, while meeting your own career goals? Perhaps it’s time to consider a career in the important field of strategic security and protection management.
What exactly is strategic security and protection management? Strategic security management is based on a comprehensive, fundamental and long-term conception of safety conditions inside and around companies or organizations. Protection management encompasses many areas, including threat assessment, workplace violence, cyber security, corporate security, intelligence gathering and intelligence analysis. Topics include:
- Risk identification and risk assessment
- Evaluation of existing security systems and facilities
- Creation of complete security concepts
- Property and Personal security
- Security organization
- Security processes
- Material protection
- Protection of values
- Protection of information
Individuals that wish to work in this field should pursue an education from an industry- recognized, accredited institution, such as the Henley-Putnam School of Strategic Security. A subsidiary of National American University, Henley-Putnam is a nationally recognized, Higher Learning Commission- accredited institution, providing specialized instruction in the fields of intelligence management, counterterrorism studies, and strategic security and protection management. Henley-Putnam offers a number of options for individuals interested in strategic security and protection management, including a Bachelor of Science degree, a Master of Science degree, and several certificate programs.
The Bachelor’s in Strategic Security and Protection Management degree program introduces the concepts of protection management, including aspects of intelligence, terrorism and protection, as well as the basics of security operations and report writing. Students in Henley-Putnam’s Bachelor’s program learn to:
- Recognize various information sources in strategic security and their relationship to security operations.
- Synthesize strategic leadership competencies through understanding of cases in the current security environment.
- Explain threat analysis and its technical, operational, and strategic aspects.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in a variety of mediums to key stakeholders.
- Appraise policies, reforms, and ethics through integrating information literacy competencies.
The Master’s in Strategic Security and Protection Management degree program unites successful management practices with proven methods for meeting a wide variety of security and protective services to individuals and businesses. The most important advanced protection training skills are emphasized, and students take security management courses in advanced protection, intelligence and terrorism, terrorist dynamics, and crisis preparedness and consequence management. The Master’s degree program provides for high-level development of proficiency in threat assessment, workplace violence, physical security, white collar crime and cyber warfare, among other security management courses. Students in Henley-Putnam’s Master’s program learn to:
- Evaluate, prioritize, and manage various information sources in strategic security in order to develop courses of action
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in a variety of mediums to key stakeholders
- Perform sophisticated threat analysis through demonstrated technical approaches and through application of conceptual skills
- Appraise and apply policies, reforms, and ethics through integrating information literacy competencies
- Synthesize strategic leadership competencies through understanding of complex cases in the current security environment
If you think a career in Strategic Security and Protection Management might be right for you, consider Henley-Putnam carefully. At Henley-Putnam, programs emphasize professionalism, proactive strategies, a thorough understanding of the dynamics of the program area, and a high-level development of skills in intelligence, counterterrorism, and protection. Henley-Putnam also offers 100% online programs, so you can pursue your studies while maintaining your current employment or responsibilities to your family. To learn more about strategic security and protection management studies at Henley-Putnam, please call 1-855-246-7440 or email HenleyPutnam@national.edu.