NAU Winter 2020 Best in Class Winner: Amber Richey-Lopez
At National American University (NAU), we know that our best teaching assets are our faculty. Our faculty are knowledgeable, dedicated, and caring instructors focused on helping their students succeed. To recognize faculty members that go above and beyond to make an impact on their students, we created the “Best in Class” faculty award.
The “Best in Class” faculty award is based on the NAU Core Values: Integrity, Accountability, Pursuit of Excellence, Courage to Act and Innovation. Many NAU faculty are nominated and demonstrate distinction in one or more of the core values. The competition is fierce!
For the Winter 2020 academic quarter, NAU’s leadership team is honored and proud to present the “Best in Class” award to Amber Richey-Lopez.
Amber was chosen for this honor based because she:
- delivers a positive transformative student experience in her redesign of NAU’s Serial Killers and the Law course in the criminal justice program.
- enhances student engagement in the teaching-learning process by providing live welcome videos and a weekly video update.
- demonstrates teaching excellence by continuously going above and beyond for her students.
- exhibits a depth of knowledge and professional expertise in the subject of law.
- creates an inclusive caring and supportive learning environment by holding office hours and reaching out to her students.
- acts as a role-model for other academics and instructors by working with the NAU Librarian to update legal research and writing courses.
Amber was nominated by Dr. Ben Straight, Associate Dean of Criminal Justice Program and Dr. Barbara Burke, Dean of Henley-Putnam School of Strategic Security.
Amber’s contributions to our team and to NAU students’ success cannot be captured solely in this one award; however, we are grateful for these opportunities to recognize the hard work and dedication of our faculty.
Stay up-to-date with NAU by following our social media! Click here to learn more about our degrees in Criminal Justice.