Accounting Online Bachelor’s Degree
National American University’s accounting online bachelor’s degree helps students develop the skills, ethics, and technical knowledge required to enter the accounting profession in the public and private business sectors. Students graduate with the foundation to pursue graduate studies.
Students interested in becoming a CPA should consult with their success coach or the dean of the college to discuss the specific State Board of Accountancy requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
Graduates of the program will:
- Apply the principal concepts, theories, practices, and interrelationships among the functional areas of business.
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles, managerial/cost accounting principles, auditing standards, and taxation practices.
- Apply concepts and principles related to the international dimensions of business and accounting.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision making.
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Adhere to ethical guidelines governing the conduct of accountants.
- Analyze practical accounting problems and financial statements using critical thinking skills.
Course Listing (180 Credits)
AC3050 Intermediate Accounting I
AC3100 Intermediate Accounting II
AC3150 Intermediate Accounting III
AC3200 Cost Accounting
AC3400 Federal Income Tax I
AC3450 Federal Income Tax II
AC3560 Accounting Information Systems
AC3565 Accounting for Governmental Entities
AC4050 Advanced Accounting I
AC4200 Auditing I
AC4250 Auditing II
AC4291 Accounting Case Analysis
AC1060 Principles of Accounting I
AC1160 Principles of Accounting II
AC1260 Principles of Accounting III
EC2050 Macroeconomics OR
FN3000 Business Finance I
LA3100 Business Law I
MT1050 Introduction to Business
MT2050 Principles of Management
MT4200 Business Ethics
MT4441 Business Review Lab
MT4450 Strategic Management
EN1150 Composition I
SC Science Electives
Behavioral/Social Science Electives
EN1300 Composition II
EN2100 Speech OR
EN2150 Interpersonal Professional Communication
EN3050 Technical Communications
MA2050 College Algebra
MA3000 Business Statistics
CS1201 Juggling College, Life, and Career: Set Up for Success!
CS1301 Do the Numbers! Achieving College and Career Success
CS2086 Career Path Planning
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.