Certificate in Applied Radiologic Response Techniques
Applied Radiological Response certification is the practical application of the necessary skills for an initial evaluation of a radiological incident / accident environment. Students will apply the basic theory of radiation sciences and concepts of radiological response focusing on applied radiological problem-solving methods in both classroom and controlled environment actual hands-on radiological experiences and interpretations of survey data.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Apply radiological problem-solving methods
- Demonstrate the use of writing skills essential to accurate and comprehensive generation of reports for fire, theft, threat, trespass, vandalism, assault, injury and other security-related incidents
- Apply the basic principles of military strategy and tactics and cite examples from the history and evolution of warfare
- Explain the strategic and tactical utility of each type of CBRN weapon in various kinds of conflict
- Synthesize and reflect upon knowledge gained upon certificate completion
DNWS NR401 Applied Radiological Techniques Level 2 (ARRT-2)
NUC350 Principles of Grand Strategy
NUC415 Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Weapons
SEC300 Certificate Portfolio
SEC340 Effective Writing for the Security Professional
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.