Entry-level Certificate in Executive Protection
This entry-level certificate is designed to give the student a firm understanding of why this career is more than just “body-guarding.” Executive protection in today’s world involves understanding the techniques necessary to prevent an incident, not just how to respond in time of danger. This certificate defines some of the most important issues in executive protection. Finally, this certificate will help the student better understand the value of advances as well as how to better recognize potential threats in order to implement effective defense measures.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Identify essential qualities the security professional, past and present, must possess to better achieve his/her mission.
- Recognize the various means and methods of protecting a person(s)including various defensive tactics and self defense measures for the protective agent to utilize.
- Recognize the methods used to assess potential threats.
- Illustrate the different complexities associated with advance work including a variety of logistical considerations.
- Discuss and evaluate ethical problem solving especially as it relates to executive protection.
PHIL400 Ethics of Security and Counterterrorism
PRO375 History of Executive/Dignitary Protection
PRO466 Advance Work
PRO494 Essentials of Executive Protection
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.