Certificate in Executive Protection and Event Management
Multi-disciplinary certificate in Executive Protection and Event Management. This certificate combines various aspects of advance work for executive protection with the additional aspect of event management. It addresses the necessary planning, preparation and threat assessment protocols for offsite visits to include building security. It also addresses various aspects of event management and ways to apply protection management aspects to their event planning.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Apply terms and concepts related to professionally managed meetings including destination options and issues that affect the professional meeting planner.
- Research information necessary to conduct and write a proper advance, security plan, and risk assessment.
- Evaluate a proposed protective security assignment and develop security plans to counter actual or perceived threats.
- Research, describe and articulate the practice of building security through planning and designing.
- Analyze the primary differences between safety and security, including the appropriate level of protection required and utilization of limited resources.
PRO422 Building Security
PRO433 Off-site Visits
PRO466 Advance Work
TM3100 Event and Convention Management
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.