Mid-Level Certificate in Executive Protection
This mid-level certificate is designed to take the professional who already has some experience in the executive protection field to a level of competency expected by clients and employers. Building on the basics from the entry-level certificate and/or the student’s current level of experience in this field, this certificate further explains the tools necessary to conduct successful protection operations, including intelligence techniques and crisis preparations germane to protection. Finally, it will give the student a better understanding of relationships and behaviors with clients and those around them.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Describe what is meant by “assessing the threat” and the critical role it plays in protective operations.
- Discuss the key factors involved in developing an ethical relationship with the person being protected.
- Describe the levels of dangerousness presented by protective intelligence subjects after proper assessment and investigation has been completed.
- Explain rules of manners and etiquette, dress, protocol, and conduct for situations ranging from everyday business communications to highly formal occasions.
- Explain conventions of etiquette and protocol for diplomatic events.
- Demonstrate knowledge of protocol and etiquette among U.S. military services.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully write a sound executable emergency management plan.
- Identify key personnel involved with creating an executable plan.
- Demonstrate how knowing the significance of the protective intelligence subject’s background, behavior, and motivation plays in the appraisal of a subject, in order to conduct a proper protective intelligence investigation and provide an assessment of the subject’s degree of dangerousness towards a client.
Mid-Level Certificate (18 Credit Hours)
PRO595 Advanced Protection Operations
PRO596 Advanced Protective Intelligence
SEC505 Advanced Strategies / Crisis Preparedness
SEC522 Advanced Surveillance and Countersurveillance
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.