Mid-Level Certificate in Executive Protection
This mid-level certificate is designed to take the professional who already has some experience in the executive protection field to a level of competency expected by clients and employers. Building on the basics from the entry-level certificate and/or the student’s current level of experience in this field, this certificate further explains the tools necessary to conduct successful protection operations, including intelligence techniques and crisis preparations germane to protection. Finally, it will give the student a better understanding of relationships and behaviors with clients and those around them.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Research and evaluate the importance of the “mechanics” and subtleties of executive protection.
- Evaluate a strategic threat, issue or challenge specific to an area using advanced qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods analysis skills.
- Analyze successful attacks on principal incidents, identify vulnerabilities, and propose solutions that leadership might adopt to counter or avoid similar threat situations.
- Apply the principles, concepts and theories learned to a specific factual situation; evaluate and explain their relevance and significance to real world events.
- Describe and effectively communicate the goals of the National Response Framework (NRF) and demonstrate understanding and application of ICS, NIMS, CI and NRF concepts by applying them to natural and man-made disasters well as the protection of critical assets.
Mid-Level Certificate (18 Credit Hours)
PRO595 Advanced Protection Operations
PRO596 Advanced Protective Intelligence
PRO690 Advanced Threat Assessment
SEC505 Advanced Strategies / Crisis Preparedness
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.