Senior-Level Certificate in Executive Protection
This senior-level certificate is designed for the executive protection professional who wants to better understand the skills necessary to develop a more complete and thorough protection package for their clients. The student will learn the value as well as the best techniques for developing information about specific areas or countries as well as get a better understanding of terrorism in today’s world. Finally, the student will gain an understanding of the complexities and tasks associated with managing the consequences of terrorist incidents and natural disasters to be better prepared for their protection assignments.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Research and evaluate the importance of the “mechanics” and subtleties of executive protection.
- Evaluate a strategic threat, issue or challenge specific to an area using advanced qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods analysis skills.
- Analyze successful attacks on principal incidents, identify vulnerabilities, and propose solutions that leadership might adopt to counter or avoid similar threat situations.
- Apply the principles, concepts and theories learned to a specific factual situation; evaluate and explain their relevance and significance to real world events.
- Describe and effectively communicate the goals of the National Response Framework (NRF) and demonstrate understanding and application of ICS, NIMS, CI and NRF concepts by applying them to natural and man-made disasters well as the protection of critical assets.
Senior-Level Certificate (18 Credit Hours)
INT584 Area Studies Analysis
PRO500 Advanced Executive Protection
PRO605 Advanced Consequence Management and Incident Command System
TCT596 Origins, Evolutions, and Trends in Terrorism
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.