Advanced Certificate in Intelligence Collection and Analysis
This certificate is designed to give the professional in the intelligence collection field or the student who is considering getting into the corporate, government or law enforcement security field, advanced knowledge of the processes for intelligence collection including how to distinguish between credible and not credible intelligence sources. This certificate provides the student with an opportunity to refine higher order analysis skills of available information. Students will also learn to critically reflect on intelligence issues and challenges to make effective recommendations for improvements in the field.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Using sound research methods, investigate and differentiate among different intelligence collections methods as to the value for addressing specific problems and risks involved in their use.
- Create performance criteria for collection assets that conform to issues of policy, reform, and ethics.
- Evaluate intelligence issues or challenges using open sources to apply all source intelligence analysis.
- Identify issues with current security practices and make effective written recommendations for improvements.
- Apply, analyze, synthesize, and summarize information demonstrating specialized skills via effective communications.
Certificate (13.5 Credits)
INT511 Advanced Analytical Methods
INT521 Advanced Intelligence Collection
INT550 Advanced Open Source Intelligence
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.