Certificate in Intelligence Collection and Analysis
This certificate is designed to give the student a fundamental knowledge of the processes for intelligence collection and of the information used for intelligence analysis. This certificate provides the student with an opportunity to practice intelligence collection skills while navigating various collection resources, including Open Source resources. Students will learn to refine their collection and analysis skills and apply them to real-world events. And, most importantly, students will demonstrate their ability to refine information into an intelligence product.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Identify the sources of the information used for intelligence analysis and evaluate the credibility and reliability of a source of information.
- Demonstrate fluency in navigating Open Source Intelligence resources.
- Assess which intelligence capabilities should be used in order to support specific mission sets in support to business, law enforcement, and military requirements.
- Relate real-world collection requirements and events that professionals could be involved in collecting against, while at the same time understanding the legal constraints.
- Develop reports and presentations that demonstrate an ability to differentiate between the intelligence disciplines and their capabilities.
INT310 Fundamentals of Analysis
INT315 Open Source Research
INT476 Intelligence Collection
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.