Certificate in Introduction to Private Security
This multi-disciplinary certificate introduces students to the basics of security to include legal aspects of security, workplace violence, and managing the security organization. These principles are then applied to private security. All aspects of private security including a historical and philosophical perspective are examined.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Explore private security concepts, tools, systems integration, and law.
- Examine the legal standing of civilian security personnel, with emphasis placed on the responsibilities of security personnel.
- Explain how to address common issues facing working practitioner such as background checks, searches of computers and other property, investigations into misconduct, workplace violence prevention, employee monitoring, and preservation of corporate assets/ intellectual property.
- Identify and synthesize specific policies and procedures that can help the employer prevent acts of revenge in the workplace.
- Examine workplace violence from a leadership perspective to include writing a plan; develop a security organization with traditional concerns.
CJ2240 Intro to Private Security
SEC344 Protective Security Law
SEC366 Managing the Security Organization
SEC375 Workplace Violence, Workplace Security
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.