Certificate in Nuclear Emergency Team Operations
This certificate is an exploration of the biological effects of radiation and concepts of radiological response related to nuclear emergencies. Students will focus on basic nuclear physics, response processes and capabilities, radiation detection equipment, contamination processes and procedures and command and control.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Describe the characteristics of CBRN agents, delivery systems, and the psychological aspects of CBRN weapons
- Explain the strategic and tactical utility of each type of CBRN weapon in various kinds of conflict
- Construct consequence and contingency plans to meet both natural and man-made emergencies
- Utilize knowledge of security organization management both in discussion and in providing protection for specific assets and activities
- Synthesize and reflect upon knowledge gained upon certificate completion
DNWS NR130 Advanced Diagnostic Training 1 (ADT-1)
NUC415 Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Weapons
PRO405 Consequence Management
SEC300 Certificate Portfolio
SEC366 Managing the Security Organization
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.