Advanced Certificate in Physical Security and Risk Assessment
This certificate is designed to give the professional in the security field or the student who is considering getting into the corporate, government or law enforcement security field, advanced skills in the assessment of potential workplace, building, and perimeter threats. Students taking this certificate will learn how to detect the behavior traits associated with workplace violence. And, most importantly, students will learn how develop effective plans for preventing and deterring threats in specific strategic security contexts.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Research and define the critical elements of a threat assessment program.
- Examine the aspects of the threat assessment as they relate to the work places and to schools.
- Articulate the importance of addressing the root causes of stalking, workplace violence, and other threats to society.
- Explain the fundamentals of industrial security.
- Develop assessments and plans for specific security contexts and be able to present them in well-written, effective documents and discussions or in well-developed presentations.
Certificate (13.5 Credit Hours)
PRO520 Stalking and Workplace Violence
PRO521 Building and Perimeter Security
PRO690 Advanced Threat Assessment
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.