Advanced Certificate in Security Management
This certificate is designed to give the professional in the security field or the student who is considering getting into the corporate, government or law enforcement security field, advanced knowledge of crisis preparedness and consequence management and the national systems that support the nation’s ability to respond to crisis. Students will learn the functions and goals of national response systems as they apply the functions to natural and man-made disasters. Additionally, students taking this certificate will learn the principles of crime scene management.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully write a sound executable emergency management plan.
- Demonstrate understanding and application of National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Describe the goals of the National Response Framework (NRF).
- Demonstrate understanding and application of ICS, NIMS, NRF concepts by applying to natural and man-made disasters.
- Research and utilize concepts in physical evidence examinations and crime scene processing.
- Demonstrate principles related to crime scene searches, scene photography, scene sketches and note taking.
- Define crisis preparedness.
Certificate (13.5 Credit Hours)
PRO605 Advanced Consequence Management and Incident Command System
PRO690 Advanced Threat Assessment
SEC505 Advanced Strategies / Crisis Preparedness
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.