Certificate in Security Operations
This certificate presents a global view of security along with the practical application of physical, financial, and cyber security principles. Covered material includes a focus on management topics such as planning, budgeting, and dealing with decision-makers; other topics explored include physical security management, the legal aspects of security, and asset protection, policies, and procedures for specific industries. Additionally, conflict resolution and ethics will be addressed to complete the picture of the theoretical aspects of security operations.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Explore the theory, goals, and history of security operations.
- Analyze the various threats to safety and security and evaluate the legal aspects of security.
- Create and defend a codex of conflict resolution typologies.
- Research principles, concepts, techniques, rules, and ethics in the intelligence, counterterrorism and protection professions.
- Evaluate moral arguments based on moral perspectives, imagination, and reasoning and evaluate ethical problem solving.
CJ4450 Security Operations Theory
PHIL400 Ethics of Security and Counterterrorism
PRO380 Conflict Resolution
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.