Online Health and Beauty Management Associate Program Overview
If you’ve previously earned a cosmetology, cosmetology instructor, esthetician, massage therapy, barbering, or nail tech license and want to complement your experience with business skills, the Health and Beauty Management Online Associate Degree is designed for you.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Critically apply concepts in the principal areas of health and beauty management to support organizational decisions.
- Use current business technologies in support of organizational operations.
- Explain the leadership skills required to achieve strategic health and beauty management objectives.
- Explain appropriate ethical perspectives in a diverse business environment.
- Effectively communicate in a professional business setting.
- Productively collaborate in a professional business setting.
Online Health and Beauty Management Classes and Curriculum
The Health and Beauty Management Online Degree program consists of three class requirements: major core, support core, and general education core. These classes total 90 credits.
A maximum of 61.5 quarter credit hours from a cosmetology, cosmetology instructor, esthetician, massage therapy license (or a combination thereof) is required to transfer into the health and beauty vocational core.
You have up to three terms from the date of enrollment to present a copy/copies of your valid state license/s. If you have a current state or national license or certification from an accredited cosmetology, cosmetology instructor, massage therapy, or esthetician program, you may receive transfer credits up to 75% of your degree, based on the appropriate documentation and/or articulated program hours. Combinations of the specified licenses may also be accepted. Number of transfer credits awarded may vary based on state licensure and educational requirements.
If you cannot achieve at least 45 credits through such licenses, you will need to fulfill the vocational core with recommended business electives (courses coded AC, EC, FN, MG, MT, OL, OM).
Major and Vocational Core
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.