Small Business Management Online Associate Degree
The small business management online associate degree prepares students to start a new business or expand an existing business. The program emphasizes the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are essential to becoming a successful small business owner and/or manager. Students will acquire skills in entrepreneurial strategies and planning, feasibility analysis, market analysis, and competitor analysis and will develop a comprehensive business plan for a new business venture.
Graduates of the program will:
- Be able to critically apply concepts in the principal areas of business to support organizational decisions.
- Be able to use current business technologies in support of organizational operations.
- Be able to explain the leadership skills required to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Be able to explain appropriate ethical perspectives in a global business environment.
- Be able to effectively communicate in a professional business setting.
- Be able to productively collaborate in a professional business setting.
Course Listing (90 Credits)
AC1060 Principles of Accounting I
AC1160 Principles of Accounting II
EC2050 Macroeconomics OR
MG2300 Customer Service Relations
MT1050 Introduction to Business
MT2050 Principles of Management
MT2200 Franchising OR
AC2050 Accounting Software Applications
MT2400 Small Business Management Operations
MT3550 Entrepreneurship and Small Business
MT3650 Business Plan Development
MT3651 Business Management Capstone
EN1150 Composition I
EN1300 Composition II
EN2100 Speech OR
EN2150 Interpersonal Professional Communication
SC Science Elective
MA2000 Quantitative Reasoning
Humanities/Behavioral/Social Science Elective
CS1201 Juggling College, Life, and Career: Set Up for Success! OR
CS1203 Bridge to Success: Creating Your Future at NAU
CS1301 Do the Numbers! Achieving College and Career Success
CS2086 Career Path Planning
Course availability is subject to minimum class size requirements.